Swims Program Instructor - Casual
Location: Central Coast Council Leisure Facilities
- Exciting and challenging role working with all age groups
- Delivering high quality programs
- Casual, 38 hours per week Monday - Sunday am and pm shifts (Penalty rates apply for weekend work)
- Hourly rate $30.01 per hour (including 25% casual loading)
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. You will be required represent the Council honestly, ethically, professionally and lead by example.
Your primary role will be to contribute to the overarching vision and purpose, the role of Swim Programs Instructor is responsible for providing swim programs to groups of all ages. The position of Swim Programs Instructor is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
The successful candidate will need to someone who is adaptable, flexible and focused when dealing with change and be committed to achieving work goals.
Key activities of this role include:
- Deliver high quality swim programs to enable participants to achieve their personal development goals and improve the swimming skills of the community
- Deliver swim programs as per Central Coast Councils Learn to Swim Program guidelines and lesson plans as directed by the Crew Leader
- Continually review and keep track of participants' progress
- Ensure the participant safety at all times through provision of safe activities and continual surveillance of swim class members.
- Prepare lessons and equipment as instructed
- Current Austswim qualification in teaching of swimming and water safety or Swim Coaching qualifications or equivalent.
- Provide Resuscitation certificate (HLTAID 001)
- Working with Children Check Clearance Number or Application Number as per Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013 and Date of Birth for the purpose of verification
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality swim programs of various levels or demonstrated previous experience in coaching swimming.
- Demonstrated ability to participate and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve organisational goals and outcomes
- Strong customer service ethos and a demonstrated customer-centric approach to service provision
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other staff and members of the public both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and commitment to work across multiple work locations.
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics certificate
Applicants who progress to interview stage may be required to undertake a basic literacy and numeracy assessment
This role requires proof of Hepatitis B and Tetanus vaccinations.
Central Coast Council is committed to diversity in our community and our workforce. We encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Enquiries: Tracy Millar / Crew Leader Swim Programs / 43048034
Closing Date: Applications close on Monday 26 September 2017 at midnight
To download the Position Description please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
It is recommended that you review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. You can "cut & paste" from a Word document to an application if you wish.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.