Section Manager Technology Operations
Central Coast NSW
- Great work/life balance on the Central Coast
- Exciting IT Opportunity with Central Coast Council
- Permanent full time position
- Base salary from $102,930 per annum TRP (This position may be subject to an additional market payment)
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager Technology and Customer Services, the role of Section Manager Technology Operations is responsible for providing day to day management of effective and efficient information & communication technology (ICT) related services for Central Coast Council (CCC). The role works closely with internal and outsourced providers to ensure well integrated and seamless services that are relevant, timely and responsive.
In addition, the Section Manager Technology Operations will provide day-to-day leadership to a team of professionals responsible for driving operational improvement strategies to improve the customer experience and overall efficiency of the processes associated to availability and performance of Council’s technology infrastructure.
Key activities of this role include:
- Lead and manage team members and resources effectively;
- Contribute to problem-solving as part of decision-making regarding the best approach to technology services and operations delivery;
- Accountable for the oversight and planning of the operational delivery of technology services to Central Coast Council. Take overall accountability for ensuring agreed availability and capability is delivered to the organisation;
- Provide counsel and advice to the Unit Manager Technology and Customer Services, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Information Management & Technology Leadership (IM&T) team;
- Manage the implementation and delivery of new systems, technologies and services to deliver innovative, scalable and flexible ICT solutions that achieve business requirements;
- Be able to report accurately on current service levels and issues at any time;
- Ensure all relevant services are in place and capable;
- Identify risks in technology service and operations delivery arrangements and ensure these are remediated;
- Provide oversight and direction for technology services and operations service delivery, working co-operatively with external providers to ensure appropriate levels of resourcing and service;
- Ensure technology services and operations are time-sensitive and responsive. Be a pro-active in ensuring delivery against agreed agendas, timetables, budgets and capability.
- Degree qualification in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management, Engineering or a related field, OR demonstrated solid contemporary experience in a similar role, combined with ongoing professional development;
- Previous experience in a similar role working in a large organisation;
- Proven success as a leader with the ability to grow and develop teams focused on quality outcomes and a customer focus;
- Extensive practical experience in a dynamic environment including strategy, analysis and the provision of sound technology advice;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team in the delivery of technology solutions;
- Demonstrated experience in developing disaster recovery plans for technology infrastructure and operations;
- Proven experience in negotiating complex commercial outcomes with an ability to identify the true long term value propositions and opportunities for the business.
- Post Graduate qualifications.
- Industry certifications.
Enquiries: Jamie Beal, Unit Manager Technology & Customer Service on ph: (02) 4325 8923.
Closing Date: Applications close at 8.00 am Monday, 22 May 2017.
To download the Position Description please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
It is recommended that you review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. You can "cut & paste" from a Word document to an application if you wish.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.